Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy trails to you...

Until we (see you at Christmas)!

This is me & my friend Jenny or JLa or J or Auntie Jenny or Auntie JLa (as Q has grown to call her). She is one of my very best friends and is one amazing girl!
Jenny and I met the night before we signed a lease (for an absurd amount of money, that we had to hire a real estate agent to find us) and committed to 1 year together! That was Halloween night 2000. NINE (holy cow, 9!!) years later we have moved away, moved around, moved back, moved away, moved around, moved back and now, she is moving again!
This time she is moving to Denver, CO! Almost all the way across the country. We will miss her terribly but she is starting a new adventure, a new chapter. So I must admit, I am not sure but I may just be a bit envious of Auntie Jenny's new adventure! Exploring a new city and meeting new friends, finding a new hangout and a new bar (stay away from places named "Clarkes"). A new group of Red Sox fans to cheer with. She might even find some people that like the same light blue jersey wearing ACC team that she likes! (This blog will not name the likes of one such team!!)
I even hope she finds someone that likes the Pirates (Arrrggghhh!) and will make her sweet tea when she is missing home! I hope this someone finds her pumpkin bread as amazing as I do and begs her to bake it!
But what I hope for the most is that she enjoys her new journey, 'cause afterall, Life is a journey.
Safe travels Auntie JLa! We are, without a doubt, planning a trip to Denver!!

Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights. ~Pauline R. Kezer

No comments:

Post a Comment