Sunday, July 19, 2009

& on the 8th day God made...

Sweet Tea! Iced sweet Southern goodness to drink! How can you have a summer without it? I used to love to make it for my Boston friends! What is this sweet tea you speak of they would ask? And now this weekend, Q has made his first batch of that sweet Southern stuff!



It's a tradition. A Southern thing. Oh how I love my Southern things! I love being from this part of the world. I mean I have lived in some pretty great places, that have some pretty amazing things to enjoy. (ie, don't people go to San Francisco and eat their way through vacation? And isn't Boston home to everything that happened "First")
But our weather is perfect, we have 4 seasons, that is. We have the ocean, the mountains,& lakes all within a days drive! We have magnolias and hydrangeas and azaleas and crepe myrtles and Sea Oats! We have fried okra, and collards and BBQ and hush puppies and grits! And if you are from my neck of the woods we have Johns Drive in! And then we have our Southern sayings! Oh how much fun is it to hear these, when you've been gone too long! Honey, you know you've landed in humidity! You know 'em..."Bless your heart", "I'm not one to gossip, but", "Mama", "God Willing and the Creek don't rise" and my favorite "Gimme some sugar". We also have our traditions manners, manners, manners, ACC Basketball, Golf, and we don't wear white shoes before Easter or after Labor Day. You don't ask why, it's just in your blood!
And thanks to the Good Lord above we have Seet Tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment