Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

It was HOT. Like 110 degrees hot. All.Weekend.Long.

We hung out and did inside things. Coooking, movies, hanging out with friends and drinking too much wine. Chad did some yard work and I even helped. Well…I trimmed a few bushes.

I went to the fabric store. Oh, how I love the fabric store. I went to two different ones. Two days in a row. But I found what I was looking for. And I bought it! Now I have to complete the project and use the fabric! I’m pretty excited about this little project. I think it is just what the Dr ordered. I even picked out some fabric for Amanda and my sister in law Michelle!

I got to hang out with my friend Amanda. That is where the wine came into play. I mean, I HAD to show her the fabric I found for her. And while I was there, we had to talk staging. So stage away we did. She has great taste, so she has great stuff to work with! She is my mommy soul sister. She lets me be my mad mothering self and assures me that it’s ok to take my kids to the Dr for a bump, and it’s ok that Q hasn’t had a vegetable in two days, or that B had four popsicles to cure his aching raw gums. She reminds me that these are things all moms do…we just happen to be the only two that will admit it. Out loud. The other awesome thing about my friend Amanda….she lives within walking distance. So close, in fact, that my monitor will work at her house. I know what you are thinking….and no, I have NEVER left my children and headed down for a glass of wine with my monitor. However, tempting it may sound.

Mitchell came over to play on Sunday after church. Chad played outside with them, doing the only thing imaginable in this heat:

SPRINKLER FUN!




I had a blast watching these silly boys (all three of them) run and scream and giggle and spray each other. It’s the kind of stuff that makes your heart happy. And that my friends, is the only thing worth working for.

No comments:

Post a Comment