Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth Fun!!

I LOVE the fourth of July.
LOVE IT.
It's my second favorite holiday. My other favorite is Christmas. Who doesn't like Christmas??

I love it because it reminds me of being a child. It's all my favorite things rolled into one.

Food
Family
Friends
Water
Boat rides
Swimming
Fireworks
Drinking
Late nights
Early mornings
Red
White
Blue

This year was no different than the last 33 years.
First, the food. Boy did we have food. Enough food to feed an army.

Disclaimer: This is the ONLY time you will EVER see my mothers counter tops look like this! I don't know how she does it, but nothing is ever sitting out on them!


SNACK BAR!! The ONLY time you will EVER see such junk on her counter tops! Just ask any of my friends who used to come over after school!


A yummy beet salad from Zanney


And what would any southern get together be without DEVILED EGGS?

And then there is family time: LOTS of FAMILY! Never enough time!



Cousins

Time with Great Grandparents. B & GGP




Boat Rides


Cousin Jackson


SPARKLERS!



Lady Liberty


What would a family gathering be without a ya ya??

RED


WHITE


BLUE

No comments:

Post a Comment