Monday, November 16, 2009

This blogs for you...

I knew when I started this, I would run into this problem....I'm really busy and blog lazy! Don't worry I have all kinds of excuses. It started with a visit from Aunt Kelly. She came up on Halloween for a whole week!! And while I could have blogged while she was here, I frankly was trying to get in every minute I could with her!! She lives in FL but if you ask Q, she lives at the airport, (bc that is where we always pick her up!!) It isn't that far of a journey to FL, but I don't seem to make it there as often as I would like or should. I think she understands, she still calls?! :) Now with 2, I think it just got a little further away! I would love to go by myself sometime, but don't think she would appreciate not seeing the boys?! Our ultimate wish is that she moves here! A girl can dream, right?!

This would be Farmer Q. B was a cow, but it was way too hot for his costume!

Aunt Kelly and Q after too much candy (for BOTH of them!!)

Aunt Kelly and B

This posting is mostly about Q! We are having good and bad days of being 2. The scary thing is: I keep hearing 3 is worse!! Yikes!!
First; the funnies
He likes to sing. This makes me smile! Not only can he entertain himself, but I like to guess what he is singing based on the few words he remembers. B.I.N.G.O ends with "and bingo was his name bone". Today he was singing down by the bay. Those are about the only words he remembers with a few others scattered in there. Aunt Kelly taught him "Farmer in the Dale". That's my southern boy!

He has two new dances. The Q dance is all fours on the floor and he lifts either leg in the air and pumps his body up and down. Sometimes the legs are on the couch and lifted from there. I have tried and tried to get a picture!! The newest he calls the shoulder dance. This is where he rocks and moves side to side while pumping his shoulders up and down. Today he sang "GO Q, It's your birthday" while doing "the shoulder". I hope he gets a little more rhythm as he gets older or he will be standing against the wall at school dances!
And I forgot that he also likes to tap dance while doing the arm moves to "the hustle" These also make me smile!

Some of his newest phrases that make me smile:
"I would love that". "Sure you can" (I love it when he says these in response to things like "Q, can mommy sit down and snuggle with you?") My favorites are "I love you so much" when it is said on his own instead of a response to my "Q go sit in time out!" I love when I pick him up from school and he says "I'm so happy to see you" because he has NO IDEA, how happy I am to see him!!
And the last new phrase that makes me smile but I hate hearing it is "I wanna listen". This comes as he is getting sent to time out. I am telling him to sit on the steps and he is following me around the house. This is ALWAYS followed by, "You say you want to listen, but you aren't even listening to me now!!! I told you to sit on the steps" It's inevitable and it is heart breaking and it is just a phase. So "they" say!

A week ago we made zucchini bread for our neighbor. Q told everyone we made bikini bread. Seeing as how she just had twins, I'm sure she doesn't want to see any bikinis for awhile! And let me just say Nathan Thomas and Blake Christopher are gorgeous AND a healthy 6lb 6oz ea!! She is amazing!

One last Q update: He got his first soccer medal!


And as for B, well he was 12 lbs and 22" as his 2mo check up!! We went when Aunt Kelly was here. We all go into the room and I start asking the Dr about the H1N1 vaccines. She says they just got them in, run out there and make an appt (for Q). I do. I hear B screaming. I walk in and Aunt Kelly was holding him as the Dr was putting band aids on shot sites. Thanks Aunt Kelly! You are a true sport. I wonder if her tears have dried yet?! And today, yup, just today his eyes have turned from blue to hazel. I know he will be beautiful no matter his eye color, but I loved the blue and hazel would be cool! And if they are brown, he will be the most handsome brown eyed boy in the world! Here he is just this morning (questionable) blue eyes and gorgeous "smile"!

And according to the Dr, it's bumbo time! Seeing as how he doesn't like tummy time, this should help with those neck muscles! This was taken this afternoon..see the eyes (and of course Porter is never far behind!)??


Well, I hate it when people post these huge post so, in order to avoid an even longer post I'm going to bed (that and Big Bang Theory is over, which also means it is wayyyy late for me to be up!). I'd rather just read an update that is done on a more regular basis. I'm sure you would too, but suck it up, at least I posted lots of picks to help you keep reading, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment