Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Wrap up

This weekend was fathers day!

It's easy for me to write about fathers day. I have an awesome dad. I also married a man that I knew would make an awesome dad. I knew it years ago. And once we had children I was proven right. It was one of the many reasons I knew I would marry him. It was one of the many reasons I did!

There is nothing he wouldn't do for those boys. It's amazing to watch. I fall in love with him every time I see him hug, kiss, play, wrestle, read to, rock, and snuggle with them. The one thing that will melt a girls heart; listen to your guy talk with them. I love listening to my charming prince lay in bed and tuck Q in for the night. I could sit at that door for hours.



So because it was fathers day, we celebrated how he would want to.

We went to see his grandmother in Granite Falls. This is Mimi. She is the great grandmother to Q & B. Q loved seeing her. He took to her super fast! This is them enjoying some ice cream at Huffy's.



B, not so much. He is in his mommy phase right now. NO ONE (ok, fine, there are a select few) will do.

Sunday morning he enjoyed some cereal with Mimi. This is him leading Mimi to the dining room for breakfast. Of course neither of them ate because they had just enjoyed some cheerios!



She is a little unsteady and sometimes needs a hand. Q thought he should help her.



Granddaddy was also in Granite falls!



We then drove to Greensboro at naptime to see Grammy. We spent the afternoon enjoying lunch and painting and hanging out there. Then it was time to head back to Raleigh.

It was a nice "holiday" weekend. Including some great weather!

Happy fathers day to all the awesome dads, granddads, uncles, father figures and moms that are dads too!

No comments:

Post a Comment