Monday, January 4, 2010

Out with the old...

in with the new!

Good bye 2009. Hello 2010.
I am sorry I haven't blogged in a bit...we've been a bit busy. And if I had the time, I would have sat and refelcted a bit about what I should say about 2009. However, I am pretty sure you can guess the best thing that happened to me in 2009.

Of course it is. B joined us. And my world changed. Again. This world is amazing and I highly recommend joining it. B started school today. Here he is in his new coat (compliments of Aunt Kelly). I know, he's adorable! (Hey, it's my blog, I can say what I want!)

For one month he got amazing care from our friend Kelly, his amazing and favorite Aunt Sarah and the one and only Grandma. I hated leaving him, but knew he was in good hands. I am sure his new care takers are very qualified as well, but no one compares to that list of angels. He is getting close to sitting up and is trying extremely hard to roll over!
Here he is, trying to roll over

Q amazes me everyday with the things he says and does. He still LOVES his baby brother. The way he says his name makes me giggle. He also likes to call him "big time"! Our conversations are hilarious. It's not neccesarily the things he says but how he says them. However, some pretty funny things come out of his mouth. AND, AND, AND he is listening better!!!! He is getting so big and discovering more of who he is. Who he is is independant and lively. Creative and imaginative. Sassy and loveable. Incredibly sensitive. He is charming and he knows it and he knows how to use it!
Q with his new shaving set

He was very dissapointed when he woke up on Jan 1, that Santa had not brought presents but instead took the ornaments off the tree. I tried telling him that was me. It was the start of a new year and we would have to wait until next December for Santa to come again. I guess the classroom celebrations confused him and he thought Santa was coming again. I think he was so sad because he thought he had been bad and that is why he didn't bring presents. I am not sure about it all, but it sure was sad around here that morning!

I think my boys are pretty cool. But I can honestly tell you, I am not alone. Here are Q & B in their "Center of the Universe" tees. That I did not buy!! Those are from their Zanney & GGP.

So as cool as 2010 is starting out 2009 was pretty darn amazing. It will be hard to beat it! I hope that it goes a little slower than 2009 and that I can sit down and enjoy more of it. I hope to savor a little more of every day with the boys that I find absolutely amazing. I hope that I can make myself help slow it down. Take in the moments. Live them, breathe them, soak them up. Hold them close and remember them forever. I hope that I can enjoy all the smiles and learn from the tears of being a mom and wife.

Come on 2010, BRING.IT.ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment